Taking place in New York in August 2012, with an expectancy of 400+ guests, this event will be one of the most recognized events within the Black community of 2012! Guests will witness an esteemed awards ceremony, heart racing and spectacular performances throughout the night, wonderful speakers, and most of all an event highlighting the Black Community’s Greatness!
BLACK STREET presents: “Black Celebration” in hopes to award twenty-five individuals who exemplify the GREATNESS within our community. We will choose 2 runner ups from each of our 25 categories. The award recipients will be named at the award ceremony. Individuals being awarded have received little or no recognition for their work, or are newly integrated within the industry and have done reputable and notable work and deserve the honor. There will also be one (or more) honorary recipients.
RULES & REGULATION
- Nominations begin May 14th 2012 – July 30th 2012
We will be hosting an online nomination to narrow down our 25 recipients. (Our website, social media sites, and email will be used voting options)
Candidates and their bios will be featured under the category they’re running for, and the public will choose which individuals under each category, in their opinion, is deserving of the award.
- The two runner-ups will go on to the Awards Ceremony. The winner will be announced at the ceremony.
- Candidates may encourage their network to vote for them
- Anyone caught committing any fraudulent activity will be disqualified effective immediately and indefinitely from any future award ceremonies!
- Candidates can run for no more than 2 categories.
- Candidate must provide proof of work through documents, articles, and/or website(s)
- Candidate must have a high resolution photo of themselves as well as bio
- Candidate must provide a minimum of 3 professional references
- Acting & Performing Arts
- News & Journalism
- Sports & Fitness
- TV & Film